SYSTEMIQ is working with a leading global organisation that aims to drive policy change through academic research and insights, in order to decouple economic growth from natural resource use. Our role is to advise on strategy development for this organisation and to enhance the impact that its leading research can have on policy as well as private sector decision making.
Your role as Programme Manager will be to take this work to the next level by identifying how to maximise the impact of the research and working with multiple international institutions to make this happen over the next years.
You will likely have worked in public – private interfaces such as inter-/ intranational conventions, platforms or associations, ideally with a focus on progressing natural resource related agendas through research dissemination. You have innovative ideas how to achieve real impact by connecting the right actors around a specific (policy) agenda, bringing relevant insights and communicating those in effective ways.
You are excited by shifting the international economy towards better natural resource productivity, mainly through informing international policy-making using state-of-the-art research. You enjoy working both at a strategic and an operational level.
You will also be comfortable with the realities of working in a small company and are keen to get involved in building the business with an entrepreneurial, proactive attitude.
We offer the opportunity to benefit from the world-leading networks of our partners and be part of a high calibre but friendly and fun team!
The role will be located in London with Brussels as a potential alternative.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience either as a consultant or an internal program manager in a high calibre and international convention, platform or association, ideally;
- working with private and public sector on policy making based on insights from new research, and
- focused on topics related to natural resource use.
- Outstanding relationship management skills, adapting to personality types and cultures, including at the most senior level
- Comprehensive problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Innovative acumen – ability to spot new opportunities and approaches and create ideas even in a stable environment
- Comfortable with a level of international travel
- Master or equivalent degree
- A deeply felt sense that our economy needs to shift towards systems that generate better social, ecological and economic outcomes.
To apply or find out more, please talk to us at email@example.com